Legal and Privacy Information
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Ordering and Delivery
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is or appears to be under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- All deliveries must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over.
- We reserve the right not to accept any orders.
- The placing of an order on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process your payment.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We do endeavour to keep the stock status up to date on the website.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
- Substitute wines may be used to complete an order if a particular wine is out of stock. We will contact you should this situation occur.
- Local delivery orders are a minimum of £50 and products are not discounted nor do they qualify for shop promotions.
- “Local” is currently defined as post codes starting with LS20, LS21, BD23 1, BD21 2, LS29 and BD20. Martinez Wines reserve the right not deliver to any address within those post codes. We will be updating this definition later in 2015 for support of our new Bingley shop.
- Local deliveries will be made within five working days of the order. Your payment card will only be charged within 24 hours of the local delivery.
- For local deliveries, we will endeavour to contact to confirm our local delivery time.
- We will only attempt local delivery twice, Martinez Wines reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of five percent if the order cannot be completed.
- There is no minimum order on National deliveries. National deliveries are not discounted, nor do they qualify for shop promotions. We only deliver to England, Wales & Scotland excluding the Highlands & Islands.
- For national deliveries the courier will only attempt to deliver twice, after which you will be responsible for making your own arrangements with them for delivery. If the parcel is not collected the courier will return the goods to Martinez Wines and the customer will have to pay a further delivery charge. We endeavour to release a completed order to our courrier within three working days. Your payment card will only be charged within 24 hours before being released to the courier.
- There is no minimum order amount for store collection. Store collection will be made available for pickup the next day the shop is open (see current store opening times). If you do not claim the order within three days and there is no contact with a Martinez Wines employee, then we reserve the right for a five percent restocking fee.
- Store collection items do qualify for discounts. The first rate of five percent applies to all qualifying wine when six or more wine bottles are in the order. Should the order contain more than six wine bottles and total £150 or more, than any qualifying wine will be discounted at 10%. Your checkout order will reflect which items qualify for discounting. Any quantity discounts will be charged at the stated flat rate and will not be further discounted.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated with no further discounts available.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is correct, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mis-priced. If we discover a pricing error we will at our discretion, either : contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with it at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order.
- We only sell products within mainland Great Britain, the only currency we support is UK Sterling (GBP).
- Breakages, Returns and Refunds
- Whilst we pack our goods in industry recommended packaging occasionally breakages do occur. These must be confirmed to us within 5 days of delivery. We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty though we may require the faulty bottle to be returned to us for examination.
- We are happy to arrange collection of faulty goods at our cost though you must insure that they are securely packed. A refund will only be given once we have received the goods back and have agreed that they are faulty. Please note that on occasions there may be an odd bottle that is out of condition (i.e. corked) due to no fault of Martinez wines and that due to the costs involved in receiving and shipping such items we cannot accept returns of this nature nor refund them. We will not give refunds on wines that are returned that are in good condition but are not to the customers liking.
- You may cancel your order at any time until seven working days after delivery. Should you decide to cancel, all the charges relating to your order will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned in merchantable condition to us. On such returns Packaging and postage costs back to Martinez wines are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Refunds may take up to 5 working days to appear in your account.
Any individual information we hold is kept strictly within the bounds of the data protection act.
Martinez Wines do not handle any credit card information on any of our servers, all online orders are processed through the WorldPay facility.
In Store Payment
We are happy to accept payments from Visa, Access, Maestro, Delta and American Express.
All rights reserved. Adobe Acrobat - Copyright ©2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated